Sunday May 10, 2020
It’s been 9 weeks since we have all met in-person as Frontline Bible Church!
We’ve been walking the line between Hebrews 10:25 and Romans 13:5
- “Let us NOT give up meeting together…”
- “It is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but because of conscience.”
This week our governor gave a new Executive Order that extended the “Safe at Home” restrictions to May 28. At first it appeared that this would push our plan back, but further research and documentation shows that churches seem to be exempt from the extension
AS LONG AS we operate responsibly and safely using CDC guidelines and protocols.
With that being said:
- Week of May 17 – LIVE service on Sunday morning (normal Sunday service from up front – Worship Team and ME) BUT no one else at this time.
Things are changing fast, so if others will be allowed, we will communicate that in short order. For now though, our next step is to simply do the service LIVE.
- Week of May 24 – We will do our service outdoors (TAILGATE WORSHIP). We feel this is the best way for us to accommodate everyone our first Sunday back together while still maintaining social distancing and protocols. BATHROOMS WILL BE AVAILABLE. In the event of inclement weather, we will communicate the change of plans by 8 AM.
- Subsequent weeks – too early to tell exactly, but we are HOPEFUL that we will be able to continue meeting in person IN OUR BUILDING in some fashion.
There MAY be multiple services that have to be done to allow for proper spacing within the church, but we will play that by ear as we get closer.
One thing is certain… this plan could change TOMORROW! If there ever was a time when we know better than to confidently make plans for the future, it is now.
I’m reminded of James 4:13-15: “Now listen, you who say ‘Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, and do this or that…’ Why you do not know what will even happen tomorrow… “You ought to say, “IF it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.”
So LORD WILLING, this is our plan for moving forward with in-person services.
Some things to think about:
RESPECT EACH OTHER’S DECISION FOR COMING!!!
- For those who choose to come, GREAT! (Don’t judge those who do as being reckless or insensitive or uncaring about the health and safety of others.)
- For those who choose NOT to come, GREAT! (Don’t judge those who don’t as being overly fearful or not having enough faith or being scared of the government.)
Individual Responsibility is key.
- We are going to continue to offer our online service each week just like we have been doing, even when we are all able to meet again. We want to make every effort to make our online experience as positive and accessible as we can, not just during Covid-19 but into the future as well!
PEOPLE ARE WATCHING US TO SEE HOW WE RESPOND!!
- If we are reckless when we start meeting again, we can harm our witness in the community! Trust me, there are definitely people in the Byron Center area that are MILITANT about any gatherings taking place!! “Who cares if they’re exempt when public health is on the line!!”
- So if you do choose to attend in-person services, I ask you to set aside your own beliefs about what is RIGHT OR WRONG with this whole situation and respect the safety procedures and protocols being put in place.
We want to be ABOVE REPROACH in all we do!
Things to think about before making your decision to come or not:
- If you’re feeling sick DON’T COME!
- MASKS WILL BE OPTIONAL!
- There will be no children’s programs at this time (nursery, children’s worship) during the service, so plan accordingly for your family needs.
You will be receiving more communication from the board in the next week letting you know more details about the plan and what to expect, and we will keep you updated ASAP if anything changes to it.
REMEMBER… this plan could change TOMORROW! It is a very fluid situation, and we will continue to communicate reminders, updates and information through our website as well as email and Facebook. So keep checking on a regular basis.
If you have questions or concerns about this plan or anything else, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me or any of the board members through the online church directory or email us at email@example.com.
And don’t forget, we’re still here to help with any spiritual, emotional or financial needs you may have at this time.
For now, please know this time has not been easy for ALL of us, especially for us Extroverts!! I am really looking forward to meeting again with all of you IN PERSON soon!!
May God bless you all! Have a great week, everyone!