Jesus Love Me … this I know…
- “For God so loved the world, that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.” John 3:16
PRAY for the world to hear God’s message and feel God’s love through the work of our missionary families and through you in your domain of influence.
- “Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. 1 John 4:7
PRAY for the missionary ladies presenting at the Soup and Salad to feel the love of the FBC women. Pray for deep connection that carries beyond this event.
- “God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.” Romans 5:8
THANK GOD for loving you so much He died on the cross for you.
- “Let all that you do be done in love.” 1 Corinthians 16:14
PRAY that all that you do each day is done in love. Pray that our missionaries will feel loved by FBC through deep connection and ongoing relationships and support.
- “Love is patient, love is kind….” 1 Corinthians 13:4a
PRAY for patience and a nature of kindness to others.
- “….love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude.” 1 Corinthians 4b-5a PRAY to not be prideful of big things or small things.
- “It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrong doing, but rejoices with the truth.” 1 Corinthians 5b-6
PRAY to surrender to the Lord those things that irritate or bother you.
- “Love bears all things…” 1 Corinthians 7a
PRAY to bear your burdens or the burdens of those around you with the joy of the Lord.
- “…believes all things….” 1 Corinthians 7b
PRAY to have strong faith in the Lord and His promises.
- “…hopes all things…” 1 Corinthians 7c
PRAY for continued hope through the good, through things you don’t understand, through difficult circumstances.
- “…endures all things.” 1 Corinthians 7d
PRAY for endurance through the trials and tests that come your way.
- “A friend loves at all times” Proverbs 17:17
PRAY for your friends and pray to be a good friend to them.
- “And above all these put on love, which binds everything together in perfect harmony.” Colossians 3:14
PRAY that our church would be known for the love it expresses to the community. PRAY for ongoing harmony within our church.
- “If you love me, you will keep my commandments.” John 14:15
PRAY for a surrendered heart to desire to keep the Lord’s commandments and obey the Holy Spirit’s promptings.
- “But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.” Psalm 86:15
THANK GOD for the mercy He shows you each day. Thank Him for His love and faithfulness.
- “This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.” 1 John 3: 16-18
PRAY for opportunities to show God’s love with action.
- “But love your enemies, do good to them, and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.” Luke 6:35a
PRAY to for ways to do good to those people that cause difficulty in your life.
- “Wives, submit yourselves to your husbands, as is fitting in the Lord. Husbands, love your wives and do not be harsh with them.” Colossians 3: 18-19.
If you are married, PRAY for to be a submissive wife or a loving husband. PRAY for your spouse. For all, PRAY for the marriages of friends, family, those in our church and beyond to be strong and centered on the Lord.
- “A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another: just as I have loved you, you also are to love one another. By this all people will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.” John 34-35
PRAY to be known as a disciple of Christ by the love you show for others.
- “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this: that someone lay down his life for his friends.” John 15:13
PRAY for this depth of sacrificial love.
- “There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear.” 1 John 4:18a
PRAY for God to remove any fears you may have.
- “Hatred stirs up strife, but love covers all offenses.” Proverbs 10:12
PRAY to respond in love when experiencing an offense against you.
- “We love because He first loved us.” 1 John 4:19
THANK GOD for His love for you. PRAY for His love to show through you.
- “See what kind of love the Father has given to us, that we should be called children of God: and so we are.” 1 John 3:1a
THANK GOD for adopting you as His child if you know Him as your personal Savior.
- “Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; cling to what is good. Be devoted to one another in love. Honor one another above yourselves.” Romans 12:9-10
PRAY for sincere love, a love that considers others above yourself.
- “Jesus replied, ‘You must love the LORD your God with all your hear, all your soul, and all your mind.’ This is the first and greatest commandment. A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ Matthew 22:37-38
PRAY to love the Lord with all your heart, all your soul and all your mind. PRAY to love your neighbor as yourself.
- “You have heard that it was said, ‘Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, that you may be children of your Father in heaven.” Matthew 5:43-44
PRAY for those who frustrate you and make your day difficult.
- “On the contrary: “If your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals on his head” Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.” Romans 12:20-21
PRAY for opportunities to reach out and serve those who make your life difficult.
- “So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three, but the greatest of these is love.” 1 Corinthians 13:13
PRAY to have the Holy Spirit overflow you with God’s love to share throughout your day with others.